Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer Weeding

Last year when we finally moved all of our items out of
storage and into our house, I discovered just how
many magazine subscriptions I had ~ too many!
In my effort to be more organized in my new office, 
I purchased some great magazine storage racks 
for the wall and placed them next to one 
of my 4 over-sized inspiration boards, within 2 minutes they were full.  Now I have stacks of magazines under my drafting table, on my drafting chair, my guest chair, 
closet shelves, file cabinet and desk.  
If it is a flat surface, chances are there is at least 
one magazine or design book gracing it.
When the renewal cards began to arrive, no matter how
much I told myself I would limit this year's number of 
subscriptions, I continued to find a need to renew, so each month brings at least 6 new issues into my office.  
Thus began my version of Saturday morning weeding, 
it's just that my weeding takes place in a chair 
as opposed to outside in the garden.
The process begins by picking up 3 or 4 magazines that did not "wow" me enough to keep the entire issue.  I then begin
flipping through the pages to see if there is one
last article or item that inspires me, and then I rip it out
(very painful) to add to my "I might be able to use this someday" notebook.  Trust me, I will not be around long enough to see all of these ideas come to fruition!
Below are some of the items I came across this morning that I found to be creative, pretty, inspiring or just plain fun.  They fit no particular category, just an eclectic 
collection of ideas as I flipped through the pages.

Love these unique windows

Courtesy of Architectural Digest - April 2013
Courtesy of Architectural Digest - April 2013

This storage idea has been around for awhile 
but might be new to someone

Courtesy of Architectural Digest - April 2013

Tired of same pillow arrangement on your bed?
I personally love the pink and gray bolster.
Courtesy of Architectural Digest - April 2013


Fun summer bag 
Bally Piaffel Handbag

Maybe it's just me, but I miss the days when 
little boys and girls looked like little boys 
and girls and not teenage popstars


One of my favorite jewelry designers, John Hardy,
with some fun summer earrings

Neiman Marcus add for John Hardy jewelry

Chanel
Beautiful new Jardin de Camilias collection

Courtesy of Town and Country - May 2013





Play Ball - new Heritage Baseball collection from Coach
Courtesy of Coach

Hope you enjoyed flipping through the pages with me. 
As the weather heats up, why not stay indoors and weed out your own magazine collection. You might find some great ideas for your home and if not, well at least 
one more chair might be available for seating 
until the next postal delivery.

Happy Saturday, Maggie






No comments:

Post a Comment