Monday, September 24, 2012

Maggie takes flight!

After a short mechanical delay at airport (good thing I had taken my flying meds) we started
winging our way across the pond at 10pm.  By the time dinner arrived (chicken?) and movie began, I was ready to hit the hay.  I must say, night flying is for me, a few tosses and turns and I was waking up to the smell of freshly brewed airline coffee.
At this point I felt calm and confident about landing until crew chief came on and asked for a physician on board.  A few minutes after that, he then informed us that to get passenger to London ASAP, he would be landing the plane "as if we were landing on an aircraft carrier"!!!!!  Wasn't sure how pilot felt about 2 sick passengers but we made it down quickly as promised with benefit of not having to wait in line to land.
Soon we had metro tickets and were "tubing" our way under London.  "Minding the Gap" with train tickets in hand, we THOUGHT we had completed our first travel day uneventfully.  Then we reached Folkstone Central train depot and were informed the train would not be continuing  to our stop in Dover due to electrical difficulties, so close-only 8 miles to go, they were sending a bus....in awhile! With memories of a previous experience due to a French train strike, we quickly grabbed a cab and finished the last leg of today's trip, 20 pounds well spent!
And as soon as I figure out how to post pictures from my iPad, I will share the view  of the English channel from our tiny, but lovely English room!
For now, we are off in search of Fish and Chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment