Friday, July 5, 2013

FUN, FIREWORKS, & FLOWERS!

 
The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays.
 
I love the patriotism and unity as we all come together
to celebrate the birth of our great country!
 
Our celebration began on July 3 at the Kaboom Town
air show and fireworks in Addison, TX.
 
 
A sky diver carrying an American flag was the
perfect start to the airshow!

 
The Kaboom Town fireworks show is ranked as one of the top five cities for Fourth of July fireworks
and at almost 25 minutes, it did not disappoint!
 
On July 4, my husband and I headed to the
Dallas Arboretum to enjoy a patriotic concert
by the Dallas Wind Symphony. 
The gardens were closed to all except the concert goers so I took advantage of the quiet to snap a few good pictures.
 
 
My favorite spot in the gardens!
 
 
One of my favorite sculptures in the garden
 
I even managed to find appropriately
colored flowers for the occasion!
 
 
Red...

 
White...

 
and Blue!
 
And then on to the main attraction of the evening...
 
 
The beautiful scene overlooking White Rock Lake!
 
Happy Birthday America!
 
~Reese
 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment